Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Drum Piece - The GOP race has entered 'The Tyson Zone'

My post today on The Drum is about the nuttiness of the Republican Party. Rather annoying for me is that as soon as I sent it off I realised I had forgotten to include mention of Herman Cain’s speech in which he announced his campaign was being suspended. Cain said this:

"I believe these words came from the Pokémon movie…

"I’m not sure who the original author is, so don’t go write an article about the poem. But it says a lot about where I am - where I am with my wife and my family, and where we are as a nation.”

"Life can be a challenge, life can seem impossible, it's never easy when there is so much on the line. But you and I can make a difference.”

The “poem” was actually the song played during the credits of the movie Pokemon: The Movie 2000.

I think that is just about the most wonderfully crazy thing I have ever heard a politician say.

Also the piece had this line:

“but with the winner revealing him/herself somewhat in the way Obama, Clinton and Reagan did when they defeated an incumbent president.”

Obviously Obama did not beat an incumbent.

You can find links to my other Drum pieces here

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You also typed "Kerry a few times when you meant "Perry".

Greg Jericho said...

Yep - all fixed.

Anonymous said...

Greg
Reading today's Drum post reminded me that I miss your trail from movie to movie so if you find time for a Friday Night Relaxer now the year is winding down feel free to review a movie :)
Cat

Greg Jericho said...

Hi Cat. I miss it as well. I will look at doing them again, soon.

Oddly, one reason I haven't is that I am now writing during the day (the book and Drum pieces) and I have taken to enjoying my nights watching movies rather than writing about them!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the links to your work.