Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Drum Piece: Seeing the wood for the GDP (10 Graphs)

My Drum piece today is here. It has a lot of graphs, but the clarity of them is not real good. Pretty sure this is due to transfer from Excel to Word to them whatever is done to put it on the web (yeah I’m real techy). It’s annoying you can’t click on the graphs to see them bigger. Any advice on what I can do to improve this is appreciated – though bear in mind I don’t have anything to do with the actual posting of the post on The Drum – that gets done by the ABC.

I also right at the last minute re-did the graphs to make them (ironically) clearer, and I mistakenly put the same graph in twice.

Anyhoo here are all the graphs in a clearer format:

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

1 comment:

Marius Coomans said...

I would capture the graphs as jpg or PNG with a screen capture utility at the resolution you'd like them to be view (say, 1024x768)or sample them down to that size.

That makes it easier for Jonathon (or others) to scale them down to fit on the page, while his CMS should allow him to display a version at full resolution as well.